• TB Central

    The Taoist Biker FAQ

    The Taoist Biker Glossary

    Monday Music Index

    A Motorcycle Racing Primer

    Or you can click on the links across the top for a topical index.

  • Elsewhere And Otherwise

    I'm one of the Designated Dudes over at No Butts About It, a collaborative blog on health, fitness, and self-image.

    Is Monday Music not enough for you? Check out my Blip station:

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

    Brian on My subconscious is leakin…
    Jeannie on More music! More music!
    cure anxiety attacks on Asking a girl out – the…
    camille tannous on A day in the tobacco fiel…
    Johng783 on Asking a girl out – the…
  • You know you want to.

    taobikerblog at gmail dot com
  • Advertisements


I’ll have something resembling a photo essay on my holidays whenever I can get the magic combination of time and motivation to sit down and upload some pics to my Flickr account.  (Note to self:  First upgrade Flickr account.)  There are lots of fun pics to be shared, I promise ya.  Until then, just take my word for it – I had a great vacation, that was too long to quickly recover from and waaaaaay too short at the same time.

Let’s see.  We drove all day on December 31st to get home.  We made it about 6 or 7pm.  I ran out to grab some quick grocery necessities, posted my new year’s eve message, put the boy to bed.  Then I made myself a drink and prepared to play some Rock Band 2 with Dys.

About 11pm, I was beat.  BEAT.  I’m sure all the driving had a lot to do with it, but also I seem to have an alcohol consumption threshold.  There are distinct stages for TB + Alcohol:  1) relaxed, then there’s 2) too-relaxed-and-about-to-fall-asleep, then there’s 3) buzzed and happy, then there’s 4) drunk and giggly, at which point I hope I stop because beyond that there’s only 5) slurred words and stupidity before finally finally 6) KONK. I grounded out at phase 2 on New Year’s Eve.

Anyway, I put the guitar down and crashed for about 45 minutes.  (In the meantime, Dys tweaked and fixed my misbehaving Guitar Hero controller.  I will now turn in my Man Card.  Seriously, thanks babe!)

I woke up at about 11:45, just in time to catch Dick Clark (still not himself, but thankfully looking and sounding better than last year!) and the ball drop.  I kissed Dys and went to bed.

On January 1st, I played a ton of Oblivion on the Xbox, and lots of RB2.  I made myself more drinks, and went to about stage 3.98 and we ended up staying up until 2am.  Which is fine, except we finally had new people move into the house next door which has been empty for 3 years – and they have their porch light on 24-7 now, which blazes right through our bedroom window blinds.  I was awake at 6:30, dozed on and off a bit before I finally gave up and got out of bed at 7:30.

This does not bode well for the day.  Especially since I’m also trying to wean myself off of caffeine.  Oof.  Anyway, I’m battling a little bit of a hangover and a whole lot of a caffeine headache for more or less all of New Year’s Day.  I’m just generally funky and grumpy.  We ended up going to the park for just a little bit to let the dog have a walk and the boy some playtime – too cold to enjoy ourselves a whole lot, but nice.  3 stops for 3 fast food dinners and we’re back at home, where Dys and the boy did some Lego work and cleanup and I settled in on the couch for a while to play some more Oblivion, read a bit, and wait for the boy’s bedtime when Dys and I could play more RB.

At one point I heard my son say something about me sleeping, and I said no, I was just reading.  Which was true.  But you know, that sleep idea DID seem kinda good.  So, I thought, I should take a nap for a few and have more alertness to play with Dys.  This was, oh, 7:30 or so?

Yeah.  You know what happened next.  I have a vague recollection of my son kissing me goodnight at 9, but other than that my next clear thought was waking up at a little past midnight, kissing Dys goodnight and staggering off to bed to sleep through until 8:30 the next morning.

Dys, being the gal she is, took a picture of me completely sprawled out and dead to the world, with the dog in her typical rigor-mortis-sleep pose at the other end, between my legs.  She showed it to me.

I flipped her off.  But it probably should be posted nonetheless.  That’s my New Year and vacation aftermath for ya!

But whatever.   The tree is down (finally), the house is slowly returning to what passes for normal, and I’m back at work (grr).

Let 2009 begin!

There will be much blogging.

There will be much change in my household.  (Lots more on that later, I’m sure, but all of it is hopeful.)

There will be another radio show – hopefully soon.

But first…heh heh heh, this one deserves a separate post.  TBC!


2 Responses

  1. I told you she’d get you back for that little movie you took of her snoozing!

    Uh, when you look at it that way, she probably isn’t even quite yet.

    Uh oh.

  2. No caffeine…this is America!!!!

    What are you thinking?!?!?!?!

    Several things: thinking just cutting out the soft drinks will shed about 5-10 pounds, thinking that I hate any addiction that leads to physical symptoms when I lay off, and thinking that I’m tired as hell of the recycle bin overflowing with Coke cans and Pepsi bottles.

    Of course, I’m also just plain tired – which is a big argument FOR the caffeine.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: